No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Tall blue bottle vase help please.  (Read 486 times)

Offline brucebanner

• Members
    • Victorian glass
    • United Kingdom
Tall blue bottle vase help please.
« on: July 01, 2014, 03:22:50 PM »
Can anyone help me with this please, i'm not sure if it's new or old, the base has some wear, i thought at first it might be a Riihimaki vase, i've been searching for hours and found nothing like it.

It's 37cm in height and 6cm across the base.
Chris Parry

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline glassobsessed

• Members
    • Mdina
    • South Wales
Re: Tall blue bottle vase help please.
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2014, 05:40:32 PM »
They are modern, I sometimes see groups of three in different colours for sale, perhaps they were sold that way.

These are the Riihimaki variations: http://www.designlasi.com/en/content/decorative-bottles-still-nanny-en

but be careful buying them, there are modern very close copies around, the proportions of the copies are slightly out though, the genuine bottles are normally signed.

John

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline brucebanner

• Members
    • Victorian glass
    • United Kingdom
Re: Tall blue bottle vase help please.
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2014, 06:04:40 PM »
Thanks John it will get recycled, there could be a new section "Fakes and copies", i picked up what i thought was a Dartington vase today i think that's a copy it looks so similar though i'll put it on see what you think.
Chris Parry

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand