No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Two Nice Paperweights  (Read 1311 times)

Offline daveweight

• Members
Two Nice Paperweights
« on: July 16, 2014, 06:30:11 PM »
Hi All
I was lucky as I bought four very nice weights last weekend and thought I would share a couple with you.

First is a nice one of a kind weight of flowers on a trellis by Calum McDougall which includes his CFM signature cane. I have managed to find out that the lampwork was made by Allan Scott and the weight was made in Peter McDougall's studio in Crieff probably in 2011. Diameter is three inches and I am now trying to discover how many of these beautiful weights Calum has made, I am sure it is not many.

I always liked John Deacons Rondello design weight of five circles of canes surrounding a central circle and I asked John if he would create a special copy of this weight for me. John excelled himself and produced this superb piece of four and a quarter inches diameter with the circles of canes set on blue upset muslin with a superbly executed torsade.

Dave

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline SophieB

• Members
Re: Two Nice Paperweights
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2014, 11:44:40 PM »
Hi Dave,

What superb weights!!!

I really like the rondello design..

I take it you were at the PCC meeting?

SophieB

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline tropdevin

• Members
    • Paperweights
    • England
    • The Paperweight People
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2014, 07:00:47 AM »

Hi Dave.  Here is an image of a Callum McDougall crown.  I also have a mini flower that I will photograph.

Alan
Alan  (The Paperweight People  https://www.pwts.co.uk)

"There are two rules for ultimate success in life. Number 1: Never tell everything you know."

The comments in this posting reflect the opinion of the author, Alan Thornton, and not that of the owners, administrators or moderators of this board. Comments are copyright Alan Thornton.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline daveweight

• Members
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2014, 11:12:07 AM »

Hi Alan and Sophie

What a lovely crown weight Alan, I really like the colours and Calum certainly makes some very nice weights.

Hi Sophie, yes I was at the PCC meeting and it was here I picked up this weight, it is much better when you actually see and handle it.

Thanks for your responses

Dave

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand