No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: More Info on Selkirk Weights  (Read 1140 times)

Offline Wuff

• Members
    • Scotland's Glass
More Info on Selkirk Weights
« on: September 01, 2014, 05:49:12 PM »
[Mod: This thread has been created out of another which meandered into a fuller discussion of Selkirk weights.]

Wuff - Also, I have acquired a few more Selkirks since last year, do you want pictures of these too?
Thank you for the offer: good "original" images are usually much better than scanned catalogue images - so additional images are always most welcome (even if they are just joining the queue right now). It doesn't have to be one of my MOST WANTED images:

1978 Pond Life - Trout (I'm sure you'd like to have that weight)
1979 Edinburgh Military Tatoo
1979 Pond Life - Perch
1981 Double Sulphide
1982 Dragonfly (engraved)
1982 Millefiori Emblem - Shamrock

So, if anyone reading this, owns one of these weights, I would appreciate to be contacted.
Wolf Seelentag, St.Gallen
Interested in any aspect of Scottish glass? Have a look at Scotland's Glass.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline SophieB

• Members
Re: More Info on Selkirk Weights
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2014, 06:05:24 PM »
Hi Wuff,

1. Yep!! you are right. I would love to own the two fishes from the pond life series.

2. However, I own the Charles and Diana double sulphide (I thought I had already forwarded its images to you but may have acquired it since).

3. What engraved dragonfly are you referring to? The only one I know is the one from the pond life series. Are you sure you are not referring to the abstract dragonfly over a lampwork yellow flower? Another lovely weight that I do not have.

SophieB

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline Lustrousstone

• Members
    • Warrington, UK
    • My Gallery
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2014, 06:51:23 PM »
You can have any of the Selkirk images from my site Wuff, including the Ebony (sorry Sophie)

Offline Wuff

• Members
    • Scotland's Glass
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2014, 06:51:51 PM »
3. What engraved dragonfly are you referring to? The only one I know is the one from the pond life series. Are you sure you are not referring to the abstract dragonfly over a lampwork yellow flower?
Well - I have never seen the one I'm looking for. Attached is the image of the Angel Fish from the 1982 catalogue - where (in the legend) a "Dragonfly" is mentioned - no image, so I would expect the same style/colour, just another animal.
Wolf Seelentag, St.Gallen
Interested in any aspect of Scottish glass? Have a look at Scotland's Glass.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline SophieB

• Members
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2014, 08:43:54 AM »
Hi,

Now that Kevin has split this thread I can reply (Kevin - many thanks for doing this):

Wuff - It is the first time I hear (let alone see) this LE of an engraved angel fish or of the dragonfly the legend refers to. Darn! Two more weights to add to my Selkirk wish list...

Christine - Not to worry, I'll get hold of Ebony some day. In the meantime, I browse your lovely site longingly ;)

SophieB

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand