No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: glass maker id. ID = Peter Reynolds, Western Australia  (Read 4172 times)

Offline boxed

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • paperweights
    • northern england
glass maker id. ID = Peter Reynolds, Western Australia
« on: October 23, 2014, 07:36:10 PM »
Hi guys
i recently bought a glass animal that looks slightly like a turkey :)
only very slighty, it has been signed by hand what looks like
P RAYNOLDS and underneath the letters O.S.W.A fingers crossed it may be familiar
to somebody?
Many thanks
B

Offline Paul S.

• Members
Re: glass maker id
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2014, 07:26:34 AM »
not wishing to be negative, but think you will need to post a picture - or two - in order to encourage peoples' interest and response.     
Better still if you are able to include a close up shot of the signature you mention. :)

Offline boxed

• Members
    • paperweights
    • northern england
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2014, 07:35:46 AM »
hi paul
i was hoping not to have to put images on but will do this afternoon im awful with computers ??? also as im just about to upload another id request i should of done them both at same time :)

Offline Paul S.

• Members
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2014, 08:11:21 AM »
I think the problem is that your description of  'slightly like a turkey'  might be considered too vague.
Judging by the picture of your R.B. Studio Glass vase just posted, you do seem to have managed to photograph and post a fairly decent picture.                 However, under the heading of Board Information and Helpful Hints etc. I believe there is masses of guidance to assist with posting and re-sizing pictures.
Best of luck :)

Offline Anne E.B.

• Members
    • U.K.
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2014, 08:16:11 AM »
It sounds like it could have been made by Peter Reynolds, W.Australia.
Here's an image of one http://www.kirragalleries.com/artists/2-glass/36-reynolds/606-bird-blue-in-hand-blown-glass-by-peter-reynolds
A picture will confirm though :)
Anne E.B

Offline boxed

• Members
    • paperweights
    • northern england
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2014, 04:03:53 PM »
hi guys
Ive just managed to get the images to the right size now so im sure someone will know the maker and agree with me about my "turkey"
bird looks a well made piece i think
many thanks for comments ;D
B

Offline Lustrousstone

• Members
    • Warrington, UK
    • My Gallery
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2014, 07:25:05 PM »
I think Anne's already given you your answer. Your pictures could be bigger; you have 125kb per picture

Offline boxed

• Members
    • paperweights
    • northern england
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2014, 07:31:41 PM »
Hi guys
thankyou anne thats great had no idea it may be from australia,i presume its just a random figure and not a turkey :)
Regards
B

Offline brewster

• Members
    • Australia
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2014, 02:51:45 AM »
Hello and welcome. Thanks for sharing your orange bird by Peter Reynolds.

There was one the same in blue offered on ebay.au a short while ago. Use this link and then select "See original listing" to see many more photos.
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/251654612630

It is often hard to deduce the exact species of animal from an artistic representation. For what it is worth, my guess as to the original is the Australian bird commonly known as the Willie Wagtail (Rhipidura leucophrys), a creature far smaller than any turkey. See
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Willie_wagtail

A Peter Reynolds vase was discussed recently on this board, where one point of discussion was the different forms of his signature.
http://www.glassmessages.com/index.php/topic,57876.0.html

Can we please have a clear photo of the signature on your orange bird? Given the plain white background you are using (good!), you could have a photo with the longest side 700-800 pixels and still be under the board limit of 125kb.

Trevor
See my blog on Australian studio glass. There is now a Facebook page with Australian glass news.
The Glass Puzzles page is back on Facebook. Log in to leave a comment.

Offline boxed

• Members
    • paperweights
    • northern england
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2014, 04:51:53 PM »
hi brewster
ive done my best to take the clearest images i can, i always struggle with focus distance so i hope they are ok
regards
B ;D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand