No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: George Davidson large green Globe / Saturn lamp for sale (from UK owner)  (Read 2944 times)

Offline Helenberr

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • UK
Hello, I have a beautiful green Globe/Saturn lamp by George Davidson that I wish to sell. It is in excellent condition with no chips, cracks or damage and comes complete with the chrome band although the flex was changed a long time ago. It is in full working order and a flex more in keeping with the style could easily be fitted. The black base is glass and the domes are satin/frosted inside and smooth outside. There are some air bubble in the glass which I have photographed. One is in the top dome, the other is very tiny is on the glass rim and is completely concealed by the chrome band, so only visible when the lamp is dismantled.

I believe it is the larger style at 290 mm tall and 270 mm wide and that this particular example is rather rare - I have yet to see another. Here is a link to a scanned Davidson catalogue page featuring the lamp at 20thCenturyglass.com: http://www.20thcenturyglass.com/glass_encyclopedia/glass_catalogues/davidsonglass_catalogues/davidsonglass_catalogue1940-04.htm

It was originally purchased by my Great Grandfather for my Great Grandmother who loved green. It was then passed down to my Grandmother, Mum and then me. Although I love many of the green items I received, the lamp just doesn't fit in at our current home and I have a particularly mischievous cat who has broken a number of my treasures so I've made the tough decision to sell this piece on.

If you would like to see more detailed photos, please ask and I can email them to you.

Please contact me if you are interested and would like to make a serious offer. It may also be possible to view the lamp in person prior to purchase if you are located near Teesside or Hertfordshire (I travel between the two frequently) - so please ask.

Thanks. Helen.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Helenberr

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • UK
Re: George Davidson large green Globe / Saturn lamp for sale (from UK owner)
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2014, 06:06:59 PM »
Just adding in my ebay listing incase any of you are interested. Thanks! Helen

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/271716563363?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand