No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Two Scandanavian? American? modern pieces. ID = Whitefriars, "molar"  (Read 925 times)

Offline pam2va

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • United States
Hello! First post so I'm hoping I've done this correctly!

I have two pieces from a lot of estate sale glass. The owners had a bit of everything... many quality pieces; Stueben, Kosta sommerso, Erickson, Murano etc.

Both of these are quite heavy with concave, polished pontils. No marks or signatures.
The taller blue piece is 5 1/2", 14cm tall.
The clear, squat piece is 3 1/4", 8+ cm tall.

Thanks for any help you can give me!
Pam

Offline Greg.

• Members
Re: Two Scandanavian? American? modern pieces
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2015, 07:57:23 PM »
Welcome to the forum Pam.

Both pieces were made in the UK by, Whitefriars and are known as Molar vases/bowls.

Hope this helps a little. :)

Offline pam2va

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • United States
Re: Two Scandanavian? American? modern pieces
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2015, 10:21:56 PM »
Thank you so much! It helps a lot! It would of taken me forever scrolling through photos of modern glass on sites until I found them (which I tried...). The only pieces of Whitefriars I'm familiar with are the bark vases so that company didn't occur to me. Thanks again.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand