No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Help to identify crystal glasses  (Read 1439 times)

Offline callaghan9

• Members
Help to identify crystal glasses
« on: January 18, 2015, 11:41:33 PM »
Hi, please could anyone give me any advice in identifying this set of six wine glasses. There is only the slightest remnense of an etched Mark that I think could be the letter w. I think this may by the etched initial maybe of person who worked on the set. I am hoping it is Waterford but don't believe it to be the Waterford mark although the cut and quality suggest it might be to my completely amateur eyes. I have been in the Waterford site and through all the patterns they have available to show and I did not see it there, so I guess it may be something else, but if there is some sort of etched Mark underneath then that gives me some hope. Any help identifying these would be so great fully recieved. I will try my best to upload pictures now but I only have my phone to send them with. Thanks in advance to any responses. Kind regards, John.

Offline Lustrousstone

• Members
    • Warrington, UK
    • My Gallery
Re: Help to identify crystal glasses
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2015, 07:09:14 AM »
We really need pictures of the mark and the glasses to help. Waterford has the full word as a mark.

Offline callaghan9

• Members
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2015, 09:04:39 AM »
Hi, I am very sorry but I do not have a computer so am using my phone and it is telling me the photos uploaded but they obviously haven't. I will keep trying to post these pictures up today tho. Thank you so much for your response, kind regards, John.

Offline Lustrousstone

• Members
    • Warrington, UK
    • My Gallery
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2015, 10:02:08 AM »
Maybe the photos are too large. They must be 125 kb or less each.

Offline callaghan9

• Members
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2015, 02:34:23 PM »
Hi, yes that's what it is saying. I have tried to chop them smaller, but it just says the same, your photos are to big. Another forum have said it may be Stuart crystal or earlyish Waterford but probably Stuart. Thank you for your response and I will keep trying to upload some pictures. Many thanks, John.

Offline Paul S.

• Members
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2015, 10:31:16 PM »
don't believe we've ever had a Stuart piece with a w mark..................   a letter -s- or s, but not w.

best of luck with posting the pictures  -  believe some local libraries offer free or inexpensive time on their screens.

Offline Anne

• GMB Tech Support Manager & "Board (never bored) Dame"
  • Global Moderator
  • Members
  • I has a stick to poke the server with yes!
    • Glass trinket sets
    • Cumbria England
    • My Glass Collection
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2015, 01:00:05 AM »
John, I hope you are still with us. If you'd like to email copies of your images to me yobunny AT hotmail.co.uk  (close up the spaces and change AT to @) I'll resize them and add to the topic for you.
Cheers! Anne, da tekniqual wizzerd
~ Glass Trinket Sets ~ GlassLinks ~ GlasSpeak ~ GlassGallery 
 ~  Glassoholic Blog ~ Glassoholic Gallery ~

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand