No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: New to the glass board, looking for ID. ID = Skrdlovice  (Read 1758 times)

Offline spence

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • glass
    • Ohio, USA
New to the glass board, looking for ID. ID = Skrdlovice
« on: February 09, 2015, 05:34:58 PM »
I am new to the forum and fairly new to glass collecting. I found this piece while visiting in Florida, but I have no idea of anything about it and the seller knew as little. It appears as though the blue bud vase was inserted into a cavity in the clear glass base and welded together. I am sure that isn't the term, but it is the only way to describe it. The flecks in the clear cavity look to be some crystal or salt type substance.  It is approx. 11 3/4" (300) tall, by 7 1/4" (185) wide, and 3" (75) thick at the thickest point. Any information as to the maker, age or value would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Offline Ohio

• Members
    • Glass USA & Art Deco Lamps
Re: New to the glass board, looking for ID
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2015, 07:02:10 PM »
Since you didn't mention a signature on the bottom I assume there is not one, however it looks to be a studio glass vase & without a signature pinning down a studio is very difficult as there are several hundred in the U.S. although there is a possibility it could be Chinese as the numbers of imports by them to the U.S. is staggering.

Offline bOBA

• Members
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2015, 08:35:23 PM »
Hi, a great start to collecting, a Skrdlovice vase designed by Petr Hora! A great find,

Robert (bOBA)

Offline spence

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • glass
    • Ohio, USA
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2015, 02:23:24 AM »
Thanks for the info, I had searched a lot of places but couldn't find anything. The guy told me that he bought it about 20 years ago but had no idea of it's origin. Thanks to you now I do.

Offline Ohio

• Members
    • Glass USA & Art Deco Lamps
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2015, 04:25:55 AM »
Good for you...way better than one of the zillion US studio vases floating around which I figured it might have been.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand