Glass Identification - Post here for all ID requests > Resolved Paperweight Queries

Paperweight, made in scotland, but which maker? ID = John Deacons

(1/2) > >>

zidori:
This paperweight is 2.5 inches in diameter and has a white round label on the base with MADE IN SCOTLAND in black lettering on it. Unfortunately I've lost the base photo which I know makes ID difficult bu it appeared to have a polished concave pontil under the label.
Any clues as to maker would be greatly appreciated.
Ronnie

SophieB:
Hi there,

Those canes would very similar than the ones in Edinburgh crystal millefiori weights, i.e. the ones made for them by Caithness. So made be your weight is a Caithness product.

SophieB

LesBeatiques:
Hi Ronnie,

I agree with SophieB the canes are very similar to those used in Edinburgh weights. But I feel St. Kilda is also a good possibilty, they also used similar star centered canes.

Eric

Wuff:
These canes have been used by Caithness (but this weight doesn't look Caithness to me) and others - like John Deacons (who made the St.Kilda - amongst other names - weights). John Deacons also used a label "Made in Scotland" with a thistle in the centre - before he had his "John Deacons" labels printed. So this definitely is a possibility - but it would be better to see the label.

tropdevin:

Hi. The strings of bubbles strongly suggest a John Deacons piece to me.

Alan.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version