No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Mdina? stripy vase thing!  (Read 1699 times)

Offline orangeglass

• Members
    • ysart
    • UK
Mdina? stripy vase thing!
« on: June 03, 2015, 01:32:49 PM »
Hi All and Sue  :-*

Sorry for the rubbish title - bought this vase in the charity shop this morning - the colours looked gorgeous in the sun (made me want to sit on the sand by the sea).

Nothing too exciting  - no MH signed axe head / fish thingy!!

As you can tell brain not working so "thing" has become a technical word today.  ::)

I'm assuming Mdina (late -ish), about 8" high, polished base, unsigned. Any name for the decor? Sea and Sand perhaps? I know I should look through the site but....... I'll just sit here for hours then looking at lovely glass.....

thanks

3 pieces of Mdina have slipped in now....is that officially a collection  ::)
Roberta

Offline keith

• Members
Re: Mdina? stripy vase thing!
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2015, 02:41:23 PM »
I'd say Mdina, what it's called I've no idea, ::) ;D ;D

Offline chopin-liszt

• Members
    • Scotland, Europe.
Re: Mdina? stripy vase thing!
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2015, 03:24:24 PM »
This colourway is called Ming.

Not desperately common in this shape or with vertical stripes only, rather than the more common jig-saw pattern in the Ming colourway. mid-late '70s - '80s, date wise.

When "thingy" stops working, "doofer" does instead.
Liking Monart and liking Mdina are not really so very far apart.  ;D
Every piece is an individually-made original, with beautiful colours being the major feature.
Both were pushing boundaries in art glass. The Ysarts just got there first and are influenced by their time period, as Mdina was by the pop art scene. :)
Cheers, Sue M. (she/her)

Earth without art is just eh.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand