No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Help me Identify. ID= Indiana Glass Co., USA  (Read 2193 times)

Offline crsmith511

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • Glass
    • USA
Help me Identify. ID= Indiana Glass Co., USA
« on: June 22, 2015, 01:02:20 AM »
Hello,

I have a amber glass lamp globe 10-12 inches in diameter, it is clear amber glass that has the continents of the world raised in the glass. It is signed in the side in the glass and says "Tiara by Don S". I would like to know what I have and what the value is? I will get a photo and upload it, any ideas before I get the photo will be helpful.

CRsmith511...

Offline Paul S.

• Members
Re: Help me Identify
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2015, 07:35:18 AM »
hi - welcome to the GMB  -  your glass sounds interesting and look forward to seeing some pix, although I think people may refrain from commenting until you are able to post some images.
Sorry to sound negative, but generally values aren't something we discuss on this forum - there are so many reasons why people may or may not like a piece of glass that the whole business of values is very subjective and dependent on individual likes and dislikes. :)

Offline Fuhrman Glass

• Glass Professional
  • Members
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2015, 04:02:24 PM »
Tiara was a line of glass made by Indiana Glass Co. that was old at home parties. it was never sold retail, only for their agents that gave home parties and sold these all as being highly collectible. This line was sold in the  1970-90's. this may be from that collection. The party plan was similar to that presented by Princess House and fashioned after the success of many home party plans.

Offline crsmith511

• Members
    • Glass
    • USA
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2015, 03:02:07 AM »
Hello, I have found the pictures, see what you think. I am calling the Indiana Glass Museum in Dunkirk in the morning and see  what they say.

[Mod: edited to remove text from not properly tagged [ quote ] option. Text was as per original post.]

Offline crsmith511

• Members
    • Glass
    • USA
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2015, 04:31:39 PM »
Hello,

So, I found out that this piece is 1 of 2 known to exist, it was designed for the Tiara line but was never produced. So, its very rare and there is only one other known to exist. Spoke with the curator from the Indiana Glass Museum in Dunkirk, IN.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand