No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: vintage isle of wight lollypop vase  (Read 1243 times)

Offline A Satterley

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • Scotland
vintage isle of wight lollypop vase
« on: July 27, 2015, 05:04:45 PM »
We were given a green lollypop vase as a wedding gift in 1982. It has been in the original box ever since, and I am keen to know if it is valuable? It would be great if someone could help me please? It is about 23cm tall and there is a certification label with is saying if is from the Azurene collection and was produced using 22ct gold and sterling silver leaf. The label is signed Michael Harris. The vase is in perfect condition and has a small black triangular label saying it is Isle of Wight glass made in England.

Offline chopin-liszt

• Members
    • Scotland, Europe.
Re: vintage isle of wight lollypop vase
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2015, 05:22:26 PM »
Hi and welcome.  :)
It's a lollipop, not a lollypop, so using the correct spelling, you might be able to track past sales on well known auction sites to see what these have gone for in the past. We don't really tend to discuss values much, they are far too subjective in the secondary market. Something is worth what somebody is willing to pay for it, in that place, at that time.
It is sellable. You might make enough for a dinner out for 2.
Cheers, Sue M. (she/her)

Earth without art is just eh.

Offline A Satterley

• Members
    • Scotland
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2015, 07:42:35 AM »
Thanks for your reply about our 'lollipop' vase. Where might be the best place to sell it?
I live outside Edinburgh. Andrea

Offline chopin-liszt

• Members
    • Scotland, Europe.
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2015, 12:19:21 PM »
You could put it in the Marketplace forum here, and see if you get a private buyer from one of our contributors, or you could try one of the well-known internet auction sites.
In Edinburgh, there is the Lyon and Turnbull auction house, they have a reasonable reputation for selling glass.
Cheers, Sue M. (she/her)

Earth without art is just eh.

Offline A Satterley

• Members
    • Scotland
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2015, 12:42:58 PM »
Many thanks for your help.  :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia