No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: HAND PAINTED BLOWN GLASS  (Read 659 times)

Offline giulissa

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • depression glass
    • Italy
HAND PAINTED BLOWN GLASS
« on: August 05, 2015, 05:01:30 PM »
Dear friends,
this is my first request but have already gone against your rules and I apologize: I put photos of two different objects because they seem to me designed by the same hand.
The N. 1 blown glass seems an ice buckets and not a biscuits jar because there is no space for the lid. It is hand-painted with a lake landscape and has a handle rather important. Height 14 cm, wide at the mouth 11 cm, weight 700 gr. Small losses of color. No signature and no mark.
The N. 2, blown glass too, is a small hand painted vase with a winter landscape.
Cm.6 height, diameter at the widest part cm. 7, weight 100 gr. It is UV reactive but keep in mind that my UV pen is only a toy. No signature and no mark.
What is your opinion about the designer, country of origin and date of manufacture?
Thanks in advance for the information you can give me.
(English translation by Google Translator)
Giulissa

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Anne Tique

• Members
    • Kingdom of Belgium
    • https://www.pinterest.com/annetiquebe/
Re: HAND PAINTED BLOWN GLASS
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2015, 06:41:31 PM »
Hello,

On your second photo of the ice bucket, that I still believe to be a biscuit barrel and French,  you'll find a signature LEG for Legras.

If you search on google for Legras Lacustre or Legras Champêtre you should find some more examples.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline Anne Tique

• Members
    • Kingdom of Belgium
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2015, 02:30:44 PM »
Hi Giulissa,

You mentioned in your d'Avesn thread that you couldn't spot a signature but I think that on the right of the tree trunk it says LEG....

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2015, 05:46:24 PM »
I think Anne is right and it is signed Leg.  Which I believe some Legras pieces are.
It would help if you uploaded a clear photograph front on of where the signature appears to be, to the right of the tree, and then it can be seen more clearly hopefully.
m

Offline giulissa

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • depression glass
    • Italy
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2015, 10:38:13 AM »
Thanks Anne and thanks Flying Free  're really very nice people.
However what seems to you a possible signature is a bush which you can see the branches .
No problem the vases are unsigned . I have to tell you that while I love the small vase , frankly I do not like the big one and I had in mind to sell it.
In this case, the signature would make the difference . But because I'm lazy and I find it hard to break away from some of my pieces , the idea has passed away and I do not think I'll do anything so the lack of signature is no longer a problem . Thank you for your participation and I hope not to have stolen too long. Thanks again to all.
Giulissa

(please remember that my texts come from Goggle Translator and so forgive my bad English )

Offline Anne Tique

• Members
    • Kingdom of Belgium
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2015, 12:16:47 PM »
Ah ok, sorry, it looked like a signature, I see what you mean now, just a couple of branches  :D

I've found this unsigned barrel, which looks like it has the same décor, but a with different handle.

The décor's described as a landscape with sailboats (on water obviously) and the catalogue numbers are also mentioned, but unfortunately I can't confirm this, as the exact design is not illustrated in my book and I don't posses the catalogue.

http://www.leboncoin.fr/decoration/426062664.htm

If you google 'seau à biscuits Legras' you should find some similar ones...

Don't worry about your English, the message comes through and it is better than my Italian.... but of course I'm only speaking for myself here.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand