No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Greener & co pedestal creamer  (Read 932 times)

Offline brucebanner

• Members
    • Victorian glass
    • United Kingdom
Greener & co pedestal creamer
« on: August 28, 2015, 10:43:48 AM »
I can't see this on here or online, it has the stamp in the base.

5 inches in height, 4 1/2 inches from spout to handle and 2 1/2 inches across the base.

Some lovely detail in the handle and stem.
Chris Parry

Offline Paul S.

• Members
Re: Greener & co pedestal creamer
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2015, 12:39:21 PM »
nice piece, and according to the books this trade mark used c. 1885 - 1900.               The absence of a No. might indicate that it was never Registered by the factory, so difficult to provide more details and possibly the reason you can't find it on line or in the Board's archive, but Fred may have more information.

Offline agincourt17

• Members
    • Pressed glass 1840-1900
    • Wales
Re: Greener & co pedestal creamer
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2015, 01:14:30 PM »
I concur with Paul’s comments:

Greener & Co., ‘2nd lion’ trademark (a nice clear mark with the lion holding a halberd in its upper paw); date 1885-1900.

Certainly not a registered design that I know of.

I haven’t seen a creamer in this design before, but I do have a photo to show of what seems to be a matching pedestal sugar bowl, also bearing the 2nd lion trademark (but no RD number); bowl top diameter approximately 6 inches. 

Chris, I will add the creamer images to my reference archive of photos of Henry Greener and Greener & Co. unregistered designs, and I hope to begin an open-access Glass Queries Gallery database devoted to them soon.

Fred.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand