No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Val Saint Lambert clear & dark green "modern" vase.  (Read 2254 times)

Offline LouisXIV

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • Vintage glass
    • Belgium
Val Saint Lambert clear & dark green "modern" vase.
« on: September 25, 2015, 03:02:48 PM »
Hello All!

I bought this vase and I pretty sure it's a Val Saint Lambert vase; the colours and the signature, but I can't read it very well, I think it says Lambert, I hope I'm right. I searched for a similar vase on the internet and on some sites that give some info about the brand, but I couldn't find one. Am I wrong? Is it something else? Can anybody tell me something about the designer and or maker?

She's 15 cm high, the top is 12 x 7,5 cm,  bottom is 6 x 5 cm. Weight is 1490 grams.

Thanks a lot and have a nice warm and sunny weekend! ;)

Offline Anne Tique

• Members
    • Kingdom of Belgium
    • https://www.pinterest.com/annetiquebe/
Re: Val Saint Lambert clear & dark green "modern" vase.
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2015, 05:49:22 PM »
Bonjour!

Would it be possible to show an image of the signature, slightly at an angle please, to avoid a reflection of the flash of your camera? Unfortunately, my eyes are not anymore what they used to be ...

I haven't come across a piece just signed Lambert before nor this model, but that doesn't mean anything for now.

Offline LouisXIV

• Members
    • Vintage glass
    • Belgium
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2015, 06:01:46 PM »
Hello,

The best I can make of it is mbert, I presume that must be Lambert...

Offline Anne Tique

• Members
    • Kingdom of Belgium
    • https://www.pinterest.com/annetiquebe/
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2015, 06:34:50 PM »
I think you're correct, even though the base has a lot of wear, I can't think of what else it could say ....

I'm not familiar with this model, but it must be dating from the late 60ies, early 70ies.

The only thing I have found so far, is a drawing of a design to be engraved on a vase, designed by Léon Halet . This has got nothing in common with your vase, except that the shape of the vase on the drawing  is exactly the same, but unfortunately no name or date.

I can't post an image of the drawing due to copyright, but just in case you do have the book, it can be found in the book 'Le Val Saint Lambert' by Joseph Philippe, page 298.

They did some whacky stuff in the 60/70's, very different from what you would expect from VSL and not to everybody's taste .... but that is personal of course.

Offline LouisXIV

• Members
    • Vintage glass
    • Belgium
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2015, 10:50:17 AM »
Thank you very much for the info and all the work you took. Unfortunately I don't have the book to look for it. Maybe I'll have to buy me one some day.

Kind regards and have a nice weekend!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand