No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Davidson Luna vase?  (Read 616 times)

Offline Krasner

• Members
    • Mostly 20th century
    • UK
Davidson Luna vase?
« on: October 03, 2015, 03:49:44 PM »
Hi I was wondering if anyone could tell me if Davidson made Different textures on Luna vases? I have this vase (see pic) clear colour, same size and shape as a Luna vase I have but the pattern is different around the rim (a sort of a vertical grooved stripe instead of elongated bead) and the texture of the glass is different too, a little more regular I think.
It is slightly heavier - 797g
Looking forward to hearing your thoughts.
Thanks!

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Krasner

• Members
    • Mostly 20th century
    • UK
Re: Davidson Luna vase?
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2015, 03:50:50 PM »
Sorry, only meant to attach two images. not sure what went wrong there.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline KevinH

• Global Moderator
  • Members
    • England
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2015, 12:36:04 PM »
Hi Krasner,

I have removed your duplicate post from yesterday.

You said in yesterday's message that you could not find this original. That is probably because you had posted it in the British & Irish forum rather than the general Glass forum. Since the ID of the vase is not confirmed as yet, I have moved this thread to the general Glass forum.

I have also removed the duplicated photos in this thread.

Finally, I note that your photo editing to reduce the size of your images ends up with an image that is very small in physical size but retains the white background of the original full sized image! This is something that other folk also end up with - it is a result of the way simple editing programs handle "image resizing".

For a simple way to get resized images at low Kb size, I recommend the online routine at http://www.picresize.com/ Just follow the instructions (ignoring the "cropping" parts) and set the longest size of the image to 700 pixels. The routine will usually produce a good quality image at well below the Board maximum of 125Kb fle size. If the Kb size is still at or over 125Kb, try again with 600 pixel max width.
KevinH

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Krasner

• Members
    • Mostly 20th century
    • UK
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2015, 01:10:42 PM »
Thanks.
Susan

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk