No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Monart lamp & Fitting - for show  (Read 999 times)

Offline orangeglass

• Members
    • ysart
    • UK
Monart lamp & Fitting - for show
« on: October 10, 2015, 05:17:31 PM »
Hurrah, ;D finally arrived this week , lovely shape FA, size V+ (10.5") colourway 392 - really dark purple at the bottom.
With 2 bulb fitting which I think is more or less all original  - need to get it wired up though (Gary could you email me please) .
It really needs to be lit up to show the colours off properly - I have tried to give an idea - see pictures - the dark purple bit looks like a starry night sky!
The base is extremely well finished - it curves up into the bottom so that it can sit flat on the outer edge (also ground) without having to grind off all the pontil blob! No picture of base yet though.
I believe it would originally have had parchment shade .
Note the gap on the fitting - this is the sprung bit of the fitting to secure it on to the vase.
Roberta

Offline Gary

• Members
Re: Monart lamp & Fitting - for show
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2015, 05:21:44 PM »
What a fabulous colour scheme for a table lamp and the added bonus of a complete fitting. Nice find Roberta.
The images below are from the Monart Lighting Catalogue (shape code P8), it would appear that your shape was superceded with another shape, sometime in the late 30's.
Gary

Offline orangeglass

• Members
    • ysart
    • UK
Re: Monart lamp & Fitting - for show
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2015, 05:56:09 PM »
Thanks Gary - I "felt" it was an early piece. I looked all over for the drawing you showed - i was sure i had seen it somewhere but couldn't find it again!
Roberta

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand