No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Small Perthshire Flower and Millefiori  (Read 1207 times)

Offline petet63

• Members
    • Crystal Art Glass
    • UK
    • My eBay Sales
Small Perthshire Flower and Millefiori
« on: October 30, 2015, 01:24:07 AM »
Last one for now. I cant find a date on this stunning piece. My favourite out of the ones I have. The base is really nice with the 'pupil' effect. P cane gave it away as Perthshire and I can find similar but not the same. The rest I got were 1970's pieces. Is this from the same era ? Any other usefull info would be appreciated including 'your wrong' on any of the 3 i have listed ;D
Pete. :-)

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline paperweights

• Members
    • Allan's Paperweights
Re: Small Perthshire Flower and Millefiori
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2015, 04:11:29 AM »
This is a Perthshire Annual Collection 1972C Limited Edition Miniature Flower. The design was Perthshire's first use of a stave basket in a paperweight.  The edition size was quite large, 1000 paperweights.  They came in various color combinations. 

The designation of Annual Collection means that the design was made only that one year and never again.  Each year Perthshire would make Annual Collection paperweights, Limited Edition weights, and General Line weights.  In 1972 there were only three annual collection designs, designated 1972A, 1972B. and 1972C.   

Check out my web page for Glass paperweights, Paperweight Books, and Paperweight Information
http://paperweights.com

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline petet63

• Members
    • Crystal Art Glass
    • UK
    • My eBay Sales
Re: Small Perthshire Flower and Millefiori
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2015, 06:28:13 AM »
All I had was Perthshire ! That is a big help. Thanks for taking the time to reply. Much appreciated Allan ;D

Had a look at the Annual Collection on Scotland Glass. A lot of very nice pieces. Thanks Allen
Pete. :-)

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand