No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Any Info on Czech Etched Perfume Bottle  (Read 1833 times)

Offline imaztribabe

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • United States
    • Ironman Lori's Menagerie
Any Info on Czech Etched Perfume Bottle
« on: October 30, 2015, 03:36:59 AM »
I recently purchased this beautiful etched, rose colored glass perfume bottle..

Height with stopper is approximately 5-1/2" tall.. Width at base is 2-1/4", depth at base is 1-1/8", stopper length is 5" and it weighs 4.8 oz.  It is acid etched on the bottom, "Made in Czechoslovakia".  Any history or information as to its age, would be greatly appreciated..

Lori

Offline Ohio

• Members
    • Glass USA & Art Deco Lamps
Re: Any Info on Czech Etched Perfume Bottle
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2015, 03:49:48 AM »
My opinion only, pre-WWII, huge plus having dauber fully intact as 98% of these have snapped off. Probably an import from IRice or M.B. Daniels Co,, Edward Paul Co., etc. as these firms imported tens of thousands of the perfumes into the U.S. If you have a local library I would suggest a visit to see if "Czechoslovakian Perfume & Boudoir Accessories Revised Edition" by Jacqueline Y. Jones-North is in circulation or if they can get it on loan for you. Reference had hundreds of the bottles & it a decent bet you may find yours.

Offline imaztribabe

• Members
    • United States
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2015, 03:54:47 AM »
Wow..  Thanks so much Ohio for the quick response.  I couldn't resist it for $7, especially when I saw the dauber was intact and it shows no evidence of being "repaired"..  I will see what the library can offer..

Lori

Offline Ohio

• Members
    • Glass USA & Art Deco Lamps
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2015, 04:01:53 AM »
$7 is a super buy on one of these & I found your bottle, pg 56, #435 in Jones-North although its a redish amber its your bottle. Now Jones-North is more than a bit optomistic on pricing...they are flat out ridiculous at $435...real world price is $75-$90 range & thats because its a colored bottle & not colorless crystal even though the cutting is a bit generic.

Offline imaztribabe

• Members
    • United States
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2015, 06:05:30 AM »
Oh cool....  So, I now know it's Czech glass and in great shape...  Was the age you guessed about right? Pre WWII?  Thanks,  Lori

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand