No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Vase rounded triangle-shaped lenses. like Sklo Union, is it? ID = Rudolfova  (Read 1971 times)

Offline px

• Members
I've never seen this before. It very much resembles some Sklo Union vases in how it was made, the base and rim, style...
Can you ID this?

Height 20cm, diameter 14cm. Very heavy 2085g

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
oh got it!
Rudolfova glassworks no13153 designed by Vladislav Urban - source  Mark Hill page 101 Hi Sklo Lo Sklo

m

Offline px

• Members
Great! :) Nice to know, m, thanks!  :)

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
Welcome :)

my strange 'oh got it' was because I'd previously posted another message but then realised what it was, and  mods deleted my deleted message  ;D

By the way, I think that's really stylish in the clear.  Amazing how funky and groovy these designs were.  I have a collection of the range of  coloured Sklo union vases on my window sill.  I love them.

m

Offline px

• Members
Oh, I get it, m ;)

And yes - I agree. Many of the very stylish designs are at their very best especially in the clear! I have a small collection of them. :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand