No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Mystery Floral Paperweight - Can you ID it?  (Read 1288 times)

Offline paperweights

• Members
    • Allan's Paperweights
Mystery Floral Paperweight - Can you ID it?
« on: December 20, 2015, 06:06:42 AM »
Can anyone provide an ID for the maker of this paperweight?  3 1/16" diameter by 2 1/4" high.  Thank you.

Larger picture

Close-up

Bottom

Check out my web page for Glass paperweights, Paperweight Books, and Paperweight Information
http://paperweights.com

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline w8happiness

• Members
  • τὰ ἐφ' ἡμῖν
    • paperweights
    • Tyrol,Austria,Europe
Re: Mystery Floral Paperweight - Can you ID it?
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2015, 08:36:26 AM »
Hi Allan,

not an easy task but one feature is bearing some resemblance:

the white branches below the flower are similar to those used in Meisenthal postclassic weights, normally over spatter ground (I have not yet seen this in combination with a blossom).
Concave grinding and broad stand ring may be seen with post-classic French and Alsace weights but others as well...

Flower and leaves design is done very simply, and has no relation to classic French (Baccarat f.i.) although the blossom reminds of the very rare Baccarat pelargonium blossom, but the fine black lines towards the center and the millefiori central canes are missing- and the stem and leaves are rudimentary...

Kind regards Erhard
EJM

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand