No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Pale blue 2.3kg bowl. Etched signature and code. ID = Strombergshyttan  (Read 2236 times)

Offline jafcaf

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • UK
Hi
I would love to know more about this bowl and have searched on and off but this is the first time I've discovered this place!

Offline chopin-liszt

• Members
    • Scotland, Europe.
Re: Pale blue 2.3kg bowl. Etched signature and code. Looking for info
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2015, 06:28:03 PM »
Welcome. :)
You've found the right place, but I'm afraid we do need to see your bit of glass properly.
Thanks for having a very good go at posting your images to the board, but they don't blow up to be very big. We do have a whole load of techie tips and info here,

http://www.glassmessages.com/index.php/topic,34093.0.html

which might help you to resize your images a little bit better. Your current images do not blow up big enough to see any detail. :'(

A signature or factory mark can be brought up by giving it a little dusting of talcum powder and rubbing the excess off with your thumb - failing talc, flour could be used (but it can go gummy when wet, it's more of a pain.)

We like looking at bottoms here, we always want an image of the base. Even if it doesn't look as if there's anything there, the sort of finish can tell us a lot. :)

I'm sure somebody will be able to help you identify this - is there a signature there?

Cheers, Sue M. (she/her)

‘For every problem there is a solution: neat, plausible and wrong’. H.L.Mencken

Offline jafcaf

• Members
    • UK
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2015, 09:08:35 PM »
Thank you so much for your prompt response Chopin-Liszt! My original files were too large (mini iPad) and the signature was clearly visible but not legible. I used Minima app to reduce the sizes but I don't think it's sophisticated enough.
I'll get back to you guys after Xmas with better quality pics including of the base.
Have a great Xmas and a Happy New Year!

Offline Pinkspoons

• Members
    • UK
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2015, 09:59:59 PM »
The colour and form look quite Strombergshyttan - ish.

Offline jafcaf

• Members
    • UK
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2015, 04:13:07 PM »
Thank you! I searched Strombershyttan and and found pics of THE bowl.
The signature now makes sense and is Stromberg T587 (9) - I've resized the images and hope they are better.
I've seen it described as saphire blue crystal bowl late 50s to early 60s and that their pieces are difficult to date.......

Offline chopin-liszt

• Members
    • Scotland, Europe.
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2015, 04:20:49 PM »
 :)
Looks like it's solved.  ;D
Thanks for the much better pics.
Cheers, Sue M. (she/her)

‘For every problem there is a solution: neat, plausible and wrong’. H.L.Mencken

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia