No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Glass Vase Acid Stamp ID Help Needed  (Read 2216 times)

Offline Anne Tique

• Members
    • Kingdom of Belgium
    • https://www.pinterest.com/annetiquebe/
Re: Glass Vase Acid Stamp ID Help Needed
« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2016, 09:21:59 PM »
Crossed while posting my last message... ;D

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline KevinH

• Global Moderator
  • Members
    • England
« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2016, 11:23:24 PM »
Reheating cameo glass to my knowledge  is usually done only for light surface polishing. I think reheating it this much will distort the borders of the decoration and probably produce a bulge to the inside. This was decorated still hot but how...:)

Reheating cameo work is also part of the technique for graal glass in which the cameo, after reheating, is covered by a layer of clear glass before finishing. But the vase discussed does not seem to be graal as there appears to be no obvious clear coating covering the cameo part.
KevinH

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline pamela

• Members
    • Pressed Glass 1840-1950
    • Hamburg, Germany
    • http://www.pressglas-pavillon.de
« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2016, 06:38:11 AM »
Dimi, photo of this mark was taken from   this book - a truly amazing work of art: exact sketches of thousands of glass markings, labels and signatures - and neither images of markings nor photos of glasses representing the names.

Impossible to post a short biography - 200+ years of glassmaking (and other industry), plenty of generations all named Josef Riedel and several plants in different places in Bohemia until 1945.

Polaun is German transcription of Polubný

;)
Pamela
Die Erfahrung lehrt, dass, wer auf irgendeinem Gebiet zu sammeln anfängt, eine Wandlung in seiner Seele anheben spürt. Er wird ein freudiger Mensch, den eine tiefere Teilnahme erfüllt, und ein offeneres Verständnis für die Dinge dieser Welt bewegt seine Seele.
Experience teaches that anyone who begins to collect in any field can feel a change in his soul. He becomes a joyful man filled with a deeper empathy, and a more open understanding moves his soul.
Alfred Lichtwark (1852-1914)

Offline mitko07

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
« Reply #23 on: January 25, 2016, 10:10:39 AM »
200+ years of glassmaking (and other industry), plenty of generations all named Josef Riedel and several plants in different places in Bohemia until 1945.

This is what confused me for a moment.:)
Nice book and probably a great tool- it is probably time to get me one.
Thanks Pamela!

Offline pamela

• Members
    • Hamburg, Germany
« Reply #24 on: January 25, 2016, 10:28:31 AM »
Before you buy - here is C. Hartmann's corresponding website  with much more since first edition of the book. However, annual subscription against payment is necessary.
I did not subscribe because I prefer free access pages like my own www.pressglas-pavillon.de and www.glas-musterbuch.de  :P  ;D
Pamela
Die Erfahrung lehrt, dass, wer auf irgendeinem Gebiet zu sammeln anfängt, eine Wandlung in seiner Seele anheben spürt. Er wird ein freudiger Mensch, den eine tiefere Teilnahme erfüllt, und ein offeneres Verständnis für die Dinge dieser Welt bewegt seine Seele.
Experience teaches that anyone who begins to collect in any field can feel a change in his soul. He becomes a joyful man filled with a deeper empathy, and a more open understanding moves his soul.

Offline pamela

• Members
    • Hamburg, Germany
« Reply #25 on: January 27, 2016, 01:02:32 PM »
Anne and Kevin, it's fine to delete my photo of that Riedel label,  - thank you!

Here's a link to Riedel's   'pineapple' mark - please scroll down to 5th line far right.

:D
Pamela

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand