No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: MDG or Craft Glass Ltd. green bottle , was silver foil used in the decoration ?  (Read 7674 times)

Offline Patrick

• Members

I remember searching the Times of Malta adverts. when it was possible to still search the archives without having to have a full membership . There was a point in time when Mdina stated in their adverts that they were the first and original Maltese glass company and that their glass shouldn't be confused with others....or words to that effect ...this isn't a direct quote . I cant remember the exact wording but it was something like that.

It might be worth checking the archives again and looking at Mdina's adverts in the newspaper as it might give an indication as to when MDG started to produce similar glass designs. Cheers, Mike

Hi Mike,

I like your thought process.......... It could certainly be a reaction to Boffo joining MDG and I have found the advert dating from 17.06.1977

Cheers ,

Offline WhatHo!

• Members
  • Wolfie
    • Oxford UK
This is very interest but the thread is right off topic of the green bottle Patrick!!!! Important research is lost this way, please start new ones :)
Something you like, mail me! :)

Offline Baked_Beans

• Members
Well done Patrick...yes that is the one !

It's very likely it was in direct response to Boffo and  others making similar stuff at MDG !  Which would have meant he started at MDG in 1977 , if there are no previous adverts to this effect.
Mike

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand