Glass Discussion & Research. NO IDENTIFICATION REQUESTS here please. > New Zealand & Australia Glass

Tony Oliver illustrated glasses

<< < (3/3)

birder:
Hello, to help you a bit about the concerns of the Australian Native Birds, Crystal Wine Glass Collection, I told you that in 1994 I traveled to Sydney, from Colombia South America and visited the offices of The Collectors Treasury, a company that Time to Direct Marketing. A year before 1993, I received as a gift from the manager of that company that nice collection of wine glasses, and during my visit in Sydney I received the flute-type white wine glasses. I still keep the two collections of wine glasses. In the brochure that came with the glasses he says: "This exquisite collection of traditional Bohemian crystal wine glasses features an intrincated hand finished ceramic etching of six different Australian Native Birds, faithfully reproduced from masters created by the award winning wildlife illustrator Tony Oliver" The Collectors Treasury has a date of 1991, so I received it as a gift a few years later in 1993. I send you images of the brochure. Tony Oliver as an illustrator of the Australian wildlife left a great legacy with his drawings. They are exceptionally precise and very beautiful.

brewster:
Great information. Thank you.

Trevor

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version