No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Dagmar Kudrova signed piece ?????? Help Please  (Read 2074 times)

Offline 84bmclassic

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • USA
Dagmar Kudrova signed piece ?????? Help Please
« on: May 10, 2016, 06:55:00 PM »
I am trying to find out anything a everything I can about this vase I recently acquired. From the signature on the bottom I am assuming that it is a piece by Dagmar Kudrova. Also, since there is no Ceska marking along with her signature that it is pre 1992, I'm thinking it was from her time at Bohemia Glassworks? It has the ring of crystal as well as the beauty and shine. It is 8in ID and 9in tall with 5/8in thick walls and weighs a hefty 13lbs. I will attempt to post pics for your viewing pleasure.
Your help is greatly appreciated!
Jim

Offline Torysa

• Members
    • Czechoslovak glass
    • SK
Re: Dagmar Kudrova signed piece ?????? Help Please
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2016, 06:03:10 PM »
Hello Jim,

your vase was possibly published in Glasrevue 1980/12 on Jindra Parik's pages . The text says: Schussel Nr. 60607/0/60067/230 mm. Autor: Dagmar Kudrova. Perhaps someone will add more info.

http://picasaweb.google.com/104509467784289017506/Glasrevue198012?authkey=Gv1sRgCKO7ttj2uPHWlAE&gsessionid=C7lekryUis9CpEp0LNj4Iw#5448058754091051474

Torysa

Offline 84bmclassic

• Members
    • USA
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2016, 02:43:01 AM »
Hi Torysa,

Thank you so much for your help that is the bowl. You are awesome! I am new to this so I don't know what those numbers mean besides the 23mm on and since it was in the 1980 glass review, does mean that it was made or designed in1980? I hope to learn more and it would be nice to find out what it is worth. I think Prague auctions sold two of her pieces in March but I can'tsee what amount they sold for. Thanks again and I'm still hoping for more help. Thank you thank you!

Offline Torysa

• Members
    • Czechoslovak glass
    • SK
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2016, 03:32:07 PM »
Unfortunately I don't know the meaning of the numbers. Just can add that this vase was made in glassworks Bohemia Podebrady. Dagmar Kudrova worked there between 1973 and 1990.  So this puts production of your vase between 1973 and 1980 ( when it was published in Glasrevue ).

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand