No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: heavy gilded decanter  (Read 544 times)

Offline gandalf

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • glass
    • netherlands
heavy gilded decanter
« on: August 20, 2016, 03:43:03 PM »
  I've bought today this 23cm height glass decanter I don't know the right name for it so please forgive me It is an old piece to my oppinion? The gilding is brought on super thick and in a sort of craquelé My question is where its made and how old it is? Thank you for your help

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Paul S.

• Members
Re: heavy gilded decanter
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2016, 05:36:38 PM »
hello Gandalf, welcome to the GMB.               Your picture has been posted too small, and we are unable to view the detail  -  are you able to post again, with the first dimension of 700 - which should help us to see much more detail, which may help us to help you..............   can't guarantee we will have the answer though. :)

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline Lustrousstone

• Members
    • Warrington, UK
    • My Gallery
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2016, 05:57:14 PM »
Welcome to the board. Unfortunately your photo is too small to expand and see. You have 125 kb per picture and the board creates the thumbnail. Making the longest dimension on a high-res picture usually works for resizing. You can upload four pictures per post

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Ivo

• Author
  • Members
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2016, 09:06:20 AM »
First hint - look at Egermann, other Bohemians and at Belgium: de Rupel and Laeken.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand