No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: monart vase on ebay  (Read 5160 times)

Offline Frank

• Author
  • Members
    • Glass history
    • Europe
    • Gateway
monart vase on ebay
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2006, 03:25:59 PM »
Quote from: "millarart"
wow only around six pieces in twenty odd years

That is no big deal for Monart there are only a handful of finishes that can be described as common. There are hundreds of finishes that are probably completely or very nearly unique. But there are those that are a nearer variation on a theme and thus not likely to be questioned.

Apart from the Y and UB shapes, I would say that the rarest type of Monart was miniature vases and bowls. It took me years to gather the small collection that I showed in Ysart Glass and until Parkington took them I never parted with any of them. Now I have one miniature MB bowl and a surface decorated jug and bowl set. I expect that a few more surface decorated miniatures must exist but I have never seen or heard of any. I just remembered in my early days of collecting I found a dichroic miniature and sold it to the collector that put me up on that trip - that was the only one I ever saw - has anyone else got one?

Yet strangely they rarely fetch that much when they turn up on eBay. I cannot recall seeing many miniature vases on eBay ever but the odd bowl. I don't buy them as I know it is a near impossible to task to put a good group together in the short term. A lot of fake miniatures exist too.

It could be that there is so much information on the web-site now that people assume Monart was in continuous production for forty years so must be prolific. Yet the same pieces are seen time and time again on eBay and auction houses.

Offline saorsa

• Members
vase
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2006, 07:12:30 AM »
Many Thanks To All , Its Got A New Home In America , A Very Valued And Regular Purchaser Has Snapped It Up .

Keep Up The Good Work, And Every Sucess In Building Your Own Collections

Greg

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand