No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Controlled Bubble Bowl  (Read 603 times)

Offline ERIC88

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • All glass
    • UK
Controlled Bubble Bowl
« on: November 12, 2016, 12:31:48 PM »
I have a globe shaped large chunky bowl measuring 3 1/2" high and 4 1/4" diameter. Controlled bubble in ink blue with internal maroon random blotches. It weighs 1.202kg so heavy! Smooth base but no signature. I wonder if anyone has any ideas as to the maker?  I thought perhaps Erickson or maybe Murano?

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline KevinH

• Global Moderator
  • Members
    • England
Re: Controlled Bubble Bowl
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2016, 01:40:51 AM »
Hi Eric88 welcome to the GMB.

I have split off your post on the Erickson / Murano thread and created this new thread. If the ID of your bowl turns out not to be Erickson or Murano, then the thread could get confusing -  so we like new ID request items to be in separate threads.
KevinH

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline Paul S.

• Members
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2016, 08:42:16 AM »
am sure we've had such pieces previously, but not for some time - seem to recall I had one similar, but it's long since gone.          I've tried the search but obviously not using the right words  -  I think Keith might remember them, am sure he had one.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline keith

• Members
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2016, 09:45:15 PM »
Paul's right I have around 10 pieces of a similar design but I think this one is by another maker, the base and shape are different.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand