No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Double Bowl Dram Glass  (Read 749 times)

Offline RoyJ99

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • United Kingdom
Double Bowl Dram Glass
« on: February 10, 2017, 01:24:57 AM »
Well it's been a while since I last posted, mainly because I've not really been able to buy anything interesting at auction within my budget. However I got this nice glass today in a job lot of glass and porcelain.

It is I think a double bowl dram glass, one deceptive, one normal. The glass is quite thick and heavy, a good few inclusions etc with a rough pontil mark. Date wise I was thinking possibly early 19th century although I have no experience with such glasses. Internet searches are throwing up this type of glass but with an earlier date of mid 18th century so any help in pinning down the age would be appreciated.

Measurements are 14.4cm in height, 5.9cm across the deceptive bowl and 5.4across the plain bowl.

Thank you in advance, Roy.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Coupsdestylo

• Members
    • United Kingdom
Re: Double Bowl Dram Glass
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2017, 05:35:02 PM »
Looks like a jigger or measure, what are the respective volumes of either end please?

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline Coupsdestylo

• Members
    • United Kingdom
Re: Double Bowl Dram Glass
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2017, 05:32:24 PM »
I'm quite drawn to this lovely bit of barware, if you ever get tired of it please consider me :-)
D

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand