No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Paperweight storage solutions?  (Read 2544 times)

Offline imaginary

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • USA
Paperweight storage solutions?
« on: September 07, 2017, 04:36:32 PM »
I figured I should probably ask the experts here on what's the best means in storing glass paperweights.

I live in a somewhat space constrainted place and I would be interested to learn how people store glass paperweights for long-term storage. I made the earlier mistake of storing them in a foamed case, and have shifted to using cling wrap, further protected by bubble wrap in a rigid corrugated box. However, I figured there is probably a safer way than to keep them permanently displayed in a glass case.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline paperweights

• Members
    • Allan's Paperweights
Re: Paperweight storage solutions?
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2017, 01:51:21 AM »
Depends on how many paperweights you are talking about.  If there are a small number, you might want to invest in crushproof boxes for them and then put them in bankers boxes.  I use that method for some, but most of my weights are in double layered bubble bags, not the flimsy type but the substantial bags found at U-Line and other supply companies.  This offers quick storage without having to wrap each paperweight individually for the weights that I take to shows. 

For example:  https://www.uline.com/Product/Detail/S-5098/Bubble-Bags/6-x-8-Reclosable-Bubble-Bags

Check out my web page for Glass paperweights, Paperweight Books, and Paperweight Information
http://paperweights.com

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline gleaming

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • paperweights
    • USA
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2017, 07:00:42 PM »
A really inexpensive but safe storage container is a plastic screw-top tuperware-like container.  I doubt the paperweight would be harmed if it fell off the shelf in one of those, and there is plenty of room for identification, etc.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline paperweights

• Members
    • Allan's Paperweights
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2017, 09:45:47 PM »
I once received a collection packed in Chinese takeout containers.  Each paperweight was neatly nestled safely in a separate container.  Not recommending this method, but it worked.

Check out my web page for Glass paperweights, Paperweight Books, and Paperweight Information
http://paperweights.com

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand