No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: A 3rd lamp for your perusal for ID please.  (Read 732 times)

Offline marcus

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • Art Deco Glass
    • England
A 3rd lamp for your perusal for ID please.
« on: September 19, 2017, 08:20:40 PM »
I don't want to download too much, but here is another from my collection which may stimulate some identification please. I have seen examples before of this lamp, also in pink/peach glass, however none with a positive attribution. Someone did mention to me that it 'could be' an Italian piece, but I cannot for the life of me think of an Italian factory that would have produced it? It is exceptionally heavy for its size, and although I have made the base myself for it, it has been based upon those that I have seen with their original lamp bases. The glass has two pre-drilled holes to the underside (drilled at time of manufacture) which enable the glass to be positioned upon two dowel pegs to keep the piece standing securely upright. Once again, I have used another fish lamp by Etling to provide size & scale.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline marcus

• Members
    • Art Deco Glass
    • England
Re: A 3rd lamp for your perusal for ID please.
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2017, 11:07:11 AM »
As I've not received a single response regarding the identification of any of my lamps yet, this is just a friendly ask that somebody at least try's to give me some feedback if possible please, or should I have listed them elsewhere on here such as "lighting" perhaps? 

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline Della

• Members
  • Addicted to glass!
    • Costa Teguise, Lanzarote
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2017, 01:32:37 PM »
I wish I could help  :-[ but I don't have a clue.
You have posted in the right place, it just takes time for the right person to 'pop in'
Love this and the other one you have posted  ;D
If I know, I'll comment. If I think I know, I'll have a go. If I have no idea, I'll just keep quiet and learn from others, so the next time I'll know.

Offline chopin-liszt

• Members
    • Scotland, Europe.
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2017, 03:03:55 PM »
Lighting and lampshades are, I'm afraid, notoriously difficult to identify. Often they were not made as full production runs, they have "extra" features, such as holes drilled for cables and propping them up and are thus often not marked in the same way as general production items.
Having said that, not having an ID for such items does not affect their value too much, they are always lovely and desirable decorative items.
Have you found and perused Pamela's amazing website on pressed glass yet?

http://www.pressglas-pavillon.de/
Cheers, Sue M. (she/her)

Earth without art is just eh.

Offline marcus

• Members
    • Art Deco Glass
    • England
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2017, 08:15:28 PM »
Della - Thank you for checking it out. I live in hope that somebody may have the answer and of course it may take some time too.

Offline marcus

• Members
    • Art Deco Glass
    • England
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2017, 08:46:22 PM »
Chopin-Liszt ...  Thank you also. I know Pamela's magnificent site very well and it is always an inspiration. She has often purchased from me too over the years, and I also sent her pics of the lamp just in case she could be of any help. There is a very similar piece on her site which I suspect could be by the same maker (see photo 4 of an example) but alas it's maker is unknown to her too. The only examples like mine that I've managed to locate have also had the same drilled-holes and positioned as mine is upon the same patterned-base crafted from wood and pained/lacquered in black (Please see attached pics) with a lamp bulb behind the glass. It is quite a 'bland-looking' item until it is lit from behind and the finish of the glass is what I would call crude apart from the moulded details.  I purchased my example fairly recently from France, where it was listed as being a Paperweight (of all things)  A friend/fellow collector has said that he has also seen a picture of an example in aqua-blue glass and so one can assume that the production of them wasn't exactly limited, but they don't appear often and the photos on Google (when one stumbles on them) have been there for many years...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand