No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Egg shaped Paperweight Id Help Please. ID = Phoenician Glass, Malta  (Read 1827 times)

Offline MalibuSam

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • UK
Hiya

I am from the UK and new to the forum, so please be gentle with  me :-)

I was a collector of glass paperweights for over 20 years and have gradually been selling them as we will be moving onto a house boat and need to downsize considerably!

I started collecting when I was very young and collected weights that I liked rather than what make they were or what they were / would be worth.

I have found a couple that I could do with some assistance with if possible please?  This egg shaped one has a signature on the base that I just cannot make out and the date 1989.

Any help or advice that I could get would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks in advance.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline chopin-liszt

• Members
    • Scotland, Europe.
Re: Egg shaped Paperweight Id Help Please.
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2017, 01:00:09 PM »
Hi and welcome.  :)

This egg one is by Phoenician Glass in Malta.

Thanks for resizing your pics and posting them directly to the board! We do appreciate that very much. 8)
Cheers, Sue M. (she/her)

Earth without art is just eh.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline MalibuSam

• Members
    • UK
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2017, 01:13:07 PM »
Hiya

Thank you so much for your speedy response and assistance with regards to the one paperweight.  You guys really are amazing and so knowledgeable identifying things that quickly  :)

So sorry about putting two lots on here, I didn't realise.  I will know for next time as I am sifting through boxes and will probably have a few more to ask about.
[Mod - second thread created]

Thanks so much again, I think I am going to enjoy it here  ;D

Offline chopin-liszt

• Members
    • Scotland, Europe.
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2017, 01:49:32 PM »
Looking forward to seeing what you have!

Although you didn't need it here, there's a trick for bringing up marks for the camera - rub a little talcum powder over them with your thumb first.
Cheers, Sue M. (she/her)

Earth without art is just eh.

Offline MalibuSam

• Members
    • UK
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2017, 09:09:58 PM »
Hi Chopin

Thank you so much for your replies and help. What very helpful and knowledgeable people you are on here.

Thanks again  :)

Offline KevinH

• Global Moderator
  • Members
    • England
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2017, 11:24:21 PM »
Hi MalibuSam,

I have split out your two items into different threads and edited parts of the text to make sense for each new thread. I have also changed the titles of each.

Regarding your images, they are rather small but ok for id purposes. For better detail you can keep them much larger in height / width. Your images are below 10Kb but each can be up to 125Kb. If you set the longest side of an image to 600 or 700 pixels, the generated Kb size should (depending on the amount of detail in the image) be within the 125Kb limit. See TECHIE TIPS: Resizing images to fit the board for more info, including a couple of suggested simple and free online image optmisers, which will suit for good dimensions and low Kb.
KevinH

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand