No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: EDWARD MOORE GRYPHON/CHAINED SWAN VASE X2 VALUE AND INFO PLEASE  (Read 1179 times)

Offline boof11

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • New Zealand
EDWARD MOORE GRYPHON/CHAINED SWAN VASE X2 VALUE AND INFO PLEASE
« on: October 24, 2017, 02:20:31 AM »
 :) Hello everyone,

I have 2 Gryphon / Chained Swan vases or goblets which I think are by a edward Moore from what I have learned on these pages. These were inherited by me along with a lot of other glass and I wish to sell them. I'd be grateful if anyone could give me some idea of their value please and perhaps somewhere to sell them. They are not a pair as one is considerably heavier than the other. I'm grateful for any assistance and information. Regards,  Juls

Offline Paul S.

• Members
Re: EDWARD MOORE GRYPHON/CHAINED SWAN VASE X2 VALUE AND INFO PLEASE
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2017, 08:27:08 AM »
Hi - welcome to the GMB :)              We've had discussions regarding these things on occasions, over the years - see this link for some details
http://www.glassmessages.com/index.php/topic,62933.msg353770.html#msg353770   ..........  hope this helps, although you may well have already used the Board's search facility and seen this thread.

Regret to disappoint you regarding your request for values  -  as you can imagine, the value of anything is a very personal matter, and if you asked a dozen people to comment you'd probably get a dozen different answers  -  there are too many variables when it comes to assessing what something is worth so we avoid commenting.
Searching on line auctions may provide some indication - contacting auction houses directly will be useful, and speaking to professionals who specialize in glass will also help.

Wish you luck in your venture.

Offline Lustrousstone

• Members
    • Warrington, UK
    • My Gallery
Re: EDWARD MOORE GRYPHON/CHAINED SWAN VASE X2 VALUE AND INFO PLEASE
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2017, 09:09:07 AM »
Differing weights is not abnormal and nothing to do with whether they are a pair or not. The blobs of glass that went into the mould were measured by eye and cut off manually

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand