No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Square Base Pressed Glass Sundae Bowl - ID Help Please  (Read 755 times)

Offline Della

• Members
  • Addicted to glass!
    • Costa Teguise, Lanzarote
Square Base Pressed Glass Sundae Bowl - ID Help Please
« on: December 06, 2017, 02:46:35 PM »
Hi All,

I don't have a clue who made this, or when, I would hazard a guess at 1930's?
The base decoration is made up of small crosses, which forms a rose (of a fashion), like the rose on the English Rugby Shirt.  Sorry for the blurred photo  ::)
Any help/info welcome, as always,
TIA
Della
x
If I know, I'll comment. If I think I know, I'll have a go. If I have no idea, I'll just keep quiet and learn from others, so the next time I'll know.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Paul S.

• Members
Re: Square Base Pressed Glass Sundae Bowl - ID Help Please
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2017, 06:48:39 PM »
Hello Della  -  nice bowl  -  is it very small  -  is it very big  -  or is it somewhere in the middle ;D

Please tell us why you are hazarding a guess at 1930s - I'm always keen to learn about vintage styles and shapes.      My immediate thoughts are that this is giving a nod to early C19 Georgian perhaps  -  that short collared stem and square pedestal foot, but like you I'm convinced this is very much C20.
I really enjoy an eton mess desert - always been a fan of ice cream, fruit and cream  -  but have to say I always thought glasses for sundaes were tall upright thingies. ;)

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline Della

• Members
  • Addicted to glass!
    • Costa Teguise, Lanzarote
Re: Square Base Pressed Glass Sundae Bowl - ID Help Please
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2017, 07:21:55 PM »
Hi Paul,
My apologies.
It is a small dessert/grapefruit bowl.
I just punched a guess at 1930's, I have nothing to base my assumption on, I'm afraid. Way out of my comfort zone  8)
If I know, I'll comment. If I think I know, I'll have a go. If I have no idea, I'll just keep quiet and learn from others, so the next time I'll know.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand