No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Half mannequin vase  (Read 966 times)

Offline Tigerchips

• Members
    • UK
Half mannequin vase
« on: April 14, 2018, 12:00:21 AM »
Spotted one of these in my local charity shops, well, it looked something like this...
https://img.etsystatic.com/il/80a9bc/1264746767/il_570xN.1264746767_k31e.jpg?version=0

It was different with it having black/brown strapped glass around it. On the bottom was a big partial gold label reading "Keswick". Label looked modern. It just got me curious, don't know of any studios in Keswick, maybe it was a fancy retail label? The bottom and the pontil were coarsely ground, suggesting maybe a small studio, or maybe Chinese? I could see mould lines running up on either side of it.

Just wondered.
One day I shall come back. Yes, I shall come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine. William Hartnell

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Tigerchips

• Members
    • UK
Re: Half mannequin vase
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2018, 12:03:34 AM »
Just noticed this, never thought to search for "Torso"... https://www.glassmessages.com/index.php/topic,44613.msg248665.html#msg248665
One day I shall come back. Yes, I shall come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine. William Hartnell

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline glassobsessed

• Members
    • Mdina
    • South Wales
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2018, 06:45:41 AM »
I also see quite a few handbag shapes around, they often have the same colours and patterns as the torsos, presuming they are from the same source. Sometimes with Italian sounding labels like 'Vincenza'.

John

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline chopin-liszt

• Members
    • Scotland, Europe.
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2018, 12:09:28 PM »
The handbags are Chinese, I've seen plenty in TKMaxx, with their "Made in China" stickers still on, no matter what other labels might say.
I've never seen a handbag I don't think is Chinese. Or teapot pwt. :)
I'm fairly sure the torsos are Chinese too, but i don't get to TKMaxx as often as I used to, to check.
Cheers, Sue M. (she/her)

Earth without art is just eh.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand