No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Fab New Intaglio Cut Claret Jug Help Needed With Maker Please  (Read 1582 times)

Offline LEGSY

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • Antiques
    • North Wales
Fab New Intaglio Cut Claret Jug Help Needed With Maker Please
« on: September 15, 2018, 07:55:22 PM »
I purchased this from a local auction house today really pleased with it i will try and add some clearer photographs of the stopper in the morning as i am not sure it is the right one although it has similar attributes as the main body i feel it looks slightly large for the decanter? The cutting i think is Intaglio very smooth most of the body and handle are covered in this decoration i have seen similar shape decanters i call them double gourd shape identified as Stevens & Williams maybe somebody has seen this pattern in the past thanks :)

Offline keith

• Members
Re: Fab New Intaglio Cut Claret Jug Help Needed With Maker Please
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2018, 11:03:56 PM »
Great piece, certainly has the quality to be S & W's, think you maybe right about the stopper, I'll look through my books and see if there is anything similar  ;D

Offline LEGSY

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • Antiques
    • North Wales
Re: Fab New Intaglio Cut Claret Jug Help Needed With Maker Please
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2018, 06:27:49 PM »
 :)Thanks Keith, I have been flat out today so much for a relaxing Sundays i will try and get some better pictures of the stopper, Really chuffed with it great cutting quality i guess if the stopper is not the right one it is better that its a claret jug than if it were a decanter because it is still good for pouring wine and does not need to be sealed all the time i suppose it  depends how long wine last when its open :o Not long enough to get into either in my house.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand