No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Bubbly iridescent pink vase, not Caerleon or Schaumglas or....  (Read 924 times)

Offline glassobsessed

• Members
    • Mdina
    • South Wales
Bubbly iridescent pink vase, not Caerleon or Schaumglas or....
« on: September 29, 2018, 07:51:57 PM »
I have had this vase for a few months now and so far it has defied identification. I thought maybe a bit of Stevens & Williams Caerleon but the shape seems too controlled (if that makes any sense), likewise I don't think it is by WMF or Loetz. All I have seemed to have accomplished is to rule out various manufacturers.

On the whole quality feels pretty good, the vase is around 8" tall - about 20cm (I don't have the vase with me so will need to check that), the iridescence has distinct 'bands' which I have tried to capture in the fourth photo.

The rings toward the base remind me of Stuarts Stratford Rings but all the other examples I could find taper in some way and none were either bubbly or iridescent.

All thoughts would be most welcome!

John

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline keith

• Members
Re: Bubbly iridescent pink vase, not Caerleon or Schaumglas or....
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2018, 11:00:19 PM »
Hello John, how are you ? Arculus & Co did similar and Walsh might be worth looking at  ;D

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline glassobsessed

• Members
    • Mdina
    • South Wales
Re: Bubbly iridescent pink vase, not Caerleon or Schaumglas or....
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2018, 04:47:10 PM »
Fine thank you Keith, some family troubles but they are not for here.

Those are interesting suggestions, I hope to have time tonight to look into them both, Reynolds and Hadjamach will be dusted off...

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand