No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Lovely lead crystal 7 3/4" hock roemer glass  (Read 896 times)

Offline WhatHo!

• Members
  • Wolfie
    • Oxford UK
Lovely lead crystal 7 3/4" hock roemer glass
« on: December 17, 2018, 01:40:25 PM »
Hi, I'm struggling to find a maker for this lovely glass. Unsigned, very nice quality cutting. Found in the UK but I don't think it's British?
Any help most appreciated, tia, Wolfie
Something you like, mail me! :)

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Anne Tique

• Members
    • Kingdom of Belgium
    • https://www.pinterest.com/annetiquebe/
Re: Lovely lead crystal 7 3/4" hock roemer glass
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2018, 09:39:06 AM »
Hello,

Would it be possible please to have an image or two with just the pattern? Your pictures are great, but for me at least, the pattern's a bit difficult to see. Maybe with a darker background?

There's a pattern at VSL that looks very much like this but I have the feeling that it might be slightly different and St Louis used something very similar too.

You've got just the one glass? Very elegant piece I  have to say.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline WhatHo!

• Members
  • Wolfie
    • Oxford UK
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2018, 10:23:15 AM »
Hi Anne, thanks for your reply :) I have a set of 6, it was one of those occasions where I couldn't resist buying them as they soooooo nice! I was thinking possibly along the lines of French or VSL. I hope these pics help, cheers Wolfie
Something you like, mail me! :)

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Anne Tique

• Members
    • Kingdom of Belgium
    • https://www.pinterest.com/annetiquebe/
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2018, 10:38:04 AM »
Ah yes, thank you, that's much better and I can see why you bought them. They're really nice and … well I want to use the word stylish, but I think elegant is much more appropriate. It can really finish off a dinner table if you have a nice and decent set of glasses.

I'm sure you're aware of it but just in case ... hand wash only, never in the dishwasher as it always leaves a thin layer, sort if slightly iridescent or opaque, that gets incrusted due to the heat and is basically impossible to remove afterwards.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand