No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: ASTRACOLOR  (Read 1066 times)

Offline AliceM

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • Australia
ASTRACOLOR
« on: August 07, 2019, 12:37:33 AM »
Hello, new here and excited by all this info!

I am asking about glass marked 'HANDMADE/ASTRACOLOR/THE SIGN OF FINE GLASS WARE'. I see it a fair amount in Australian second hand shops, but when I search "astracolor" online, in the search bar on this website and other places, I get some listings for sale, but no info at all. I have seen the forum post on Astra glass here, but the label I am talking about was not listed there.

I have included a photo from Google to show the label that I mean.
[Mod: Image removed in accodrance with Board rules on use of copyrighted images. Please use the following link to see a collectorsweekly page which includes the label.]
https://www.collectorsweekly.com/stories/222567-harlequin-czech-etched-parfait-glasses

What is this glassware? What country was it made in (I know it is not British or Australian as we spell it colour)? Are undamaged pieces worth any sort of money - I see some with this marking going for a lot of money online, and others for really cheap. I have mainly seen it on harlequin glass and wine glasses that look quite aged.

Any and all info about this sticker is very much appreciated.
Thank you, Alice

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline The Glass Staircase

• Members
    • Scotland
Re: ASTRACOLOR
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2019, 01:42:10 PM »
probably czech made for american market judging by spelling and as the glass looks czech

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline AliceM

• Members
    • Australia
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2019, 10:48:14 PM »
Thank you for your reply! This is not the actual glass, just a good photo of the label/sticker. But I appreciate your clue towards Czech as if this glass is, then maybe mine with the same label are as well! I will start including that in my searches. Very much appreciated. 

Offline Anne

• GMB Tech Support Manager & "Board (never bored) Dame"
  • Global Moderator
  • Members
  • I has a stick to poke the server with yes!
    • Glass trinket sets
    • Cumbria England
    • My Glass Collection
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2019, 11:22:25 PM »
Welcome to the board AliceM.  If the image you have posted is not yours then it breaches our rules regarding use of copyright images and will need to be removed. Please feel free to post images of your own pieces using your own photos instead.
Cheers! Anne, da tekniqual wizzerd
~ Glass Trinket Sets ~ GlassLinks ~ GlasSpeak ~ GlassGallery 
 ~  Glassoholic Blog ~ Glassoholic Gallery ~

Offline KevinH

• Global Moderator
  • Members
    • England
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2019, 12:18:12 AM »
Hi AliceM, welcome.

As Anne (chief moderator & Board techical wizard) has said, we have rules about use of copyrighted images.

I have removed your copy of the google image (for a "gumtree" sales item) in your original post and replaced it with a link to a page in the Collectors Weekly site, which has a chance of staying visible for a while.
KevinH

Offline AliceM

• Members
    • Australia
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2019, 12:35:27 PM »
Thank you Anne and Kevin. I will repost with some photos that I took today, and be more careful to read the rules throughly. Thank you for being so understanding and kind.
AliceM

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand