No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Help identifying  (Read 3876 times)

Offline Xxxyagerxxx

• Members
  • Your unique as each grain of sand in the world
    • Collectible marbles and paperw
    • United States
Help identifying
« on: August 16, 2019, 10:00:44 PM »

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Nick77

• Members
Re: Help identifying
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2019, 12:34:22 PM »
Hi welcome to the board
Could you please upload your images directly here otherwise images tend to disappear making this thread useless for future searchers, also your links are rather strange looking and many (myself included) wont click an odd looking link from a new poster.

There is a guide to resizing images here https://www.glassmessages.com/index.php/topic,34093.0.html

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline SophieB

• Members
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2019, 07:16:15 AM »
Hi there,

On the bais of your images, I can think of two possibilities: modern Chinese or Daum (France); the later is only an outside chance. A few decades ago, they did paperweights and some looked a bit like this.If it is Daum, the weight should be marked Daum somewhere on the weight though.

SophieB

Offline KevinH

• Global Moderator
  • Members
    • England
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2019, 10:40:15 PM »
Hi Yager,

1. Technical stuff
Please note that, with my moderaor hat on, I have tidied up your original post. IMG tags do not operate in this Board - they just display spaces. Your list of simple URLs omiitted two entries from the IMG tag versions so I have added those to the top of your url list. Also, I have placed the url for the photo of the signature / date at the top of the list to make it easier for viewers to check that image.

2. Suggested ID
Sophie may be correct in her comments, but I would suggest that the signature could be for Glass Eye Studio, with a date of '95. On their website they show current lists of paperweights and the design for the "Celestial" series may suggest that your weight is an earlier version of that idea. Send them an email and image and ask them.

3. Adding images to a thread
As Nick says, many folk will not use direct url links. If you are unable to reduce your images to fit Board limits for Kb size, I would be happy to make copies of your images and do the editing for you, then add the images directly to the thread.
KevinH

Offline Lustrousstone

• Members
    • Warrington, UK
    • My Gallery
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2019, 06:23:24 AM »
Looks like Glass Eye Studio to me too

Offline SophieB

• Members
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2019, 03:11:53 PM »
Sorry folks, my mistake. I found it impossible to open some of the images and so did not see the ones with the signature. Yes, this is not a Daum signature at all.
I am sure Kevin and Christine are right with regard to the Glass Eye Studio suggestion.

SophieB

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand