No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Deco style Black and White enamelled glass  (Read 833 times)

Offline catshome

• Members
    • Most glass and studio pottery
    • UK
Deco style Black and White enamelled glass
« on: September 26, 2019, 12:53:42 PM »
Anyone recognise this design?  Any particular terms I could use to narrow the search online?  All of the decoration is applied - no etching.  The base of the stem forms a small bump in the centre of the foot.  No clues as to date from any wear marks, as it is extremely light and also probably wouldn't have been used very often.  4" high, and I think glass not lead crystal.
Cat 😺

"There is very little knowledge that can't be obtained through effort"  -  Mark Cuban

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Paul S.

• Members
Re: Deco style Black and White enamelled glass
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2019, 07:02:22 PM »
nope, sorry  :)       

I'd imagine quite modern  -  not sure I'm really sold on the idea that the design/pattern is art deco style, though you may well be correct.     If pushed for a place of origin I'd have suggested Czechoslovakia - they've quite a history of striking designs on table glass etc., black, white and red have been colours used commonly on period deco stuff, and probably applied enamel.
Italy another possibility maybe.            Hope someone recognizes this one for you.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline catshome

• Members
    • UK
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2019, 02:49:35 PM »
Thanks Paul, sorry for delay......I somehow missed your reply. 
Cat 😺

"There is very little knowledge that can't be obtained through effort"  -  Mark Cuban

Offline Paul S.

• Members
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2019, 03:17:25 PM »
you're not alone - most people ignore me ;D

I still think very modern Czechoslovakian (the machine made bump under the foot) - art deco is angular - straight lined geometric - right angled - the opposite of art nouveau  - this one really isn't doing it for me in that direction  -  I'd get rid of it and buy some real glass ;) ;)      only joking.

Offline catshome

• Members
    • UK
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2019, 04:23:58 PM »
As you probably know by now.....almost everything has got to go.  I just wasn't entirely sure how to describe these.  thanks again.
Cat 😺

Offline BlueOctopus

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • Glass in all forms ages
    • Germany
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2019, 08:58:04 PM »
I think this from the 70th. There are a lot of this type glasses all around in Germany, maybe not so common in UK. And in the 50th to70 the you have a lot of very thin glasses like this
Monika

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand