No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Whitefriars catalogues? Where can i find them please?  (Read 2480 times)

Offline Janet

• Members
Whitefriars catalogues? Where can i find them please?
« on: October 22, 2019, 04:39:36 PM »
Hi, I am trying to identify some Whitefriars vases but im unable to find the Whitefriars catalogues online. What has happened to the Whitefriars.com website? Could someone point me in the right direction please. Many thanks.

Offline Paul S.

• Members
Re: Whitefriars catalogues? Where can i find them please?
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2019, 05:21:53 PM »
try this .....................  https://whitefriars-glass.com/whitefriars-catalogues.php             printing is a tad small, but it might be a start.

Offline Janet

• Members
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2019, 05:26:40 PM »
Thanks Paul, for some reason i cant access it. I get the message saying its an unsecure connection and unsupported protocol. Very strange.  :(

Offline Paul S.

• Members
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2019, 06:35:49 PM »
sorry to hear that  -  regret that I'm the least technical savvy bod here so not really sure of what to say, though it sounds to be your pc that's causing the problem.             I don't know who hosts that site.
If you provide some details of your exact question, you might get the answer - there are some very knowledgeable people here. :)

Offline Janet

• Members
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2019, 07:35:57 PM »
Thank you Paul,
I am trying to find out what sizes were made in the 9654 Whitefriars cinnamon vase and what years they were made please if possible?   
Thank you so much.
I have tried using my pc and my tablet but still cant get onto the Whitefriars.com website.

Offline essi

• Members
    • all eras of w/friars and scand
    • england
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2019, 07:36:54 PM »
Hello Janet, try typing in whitefriars.org. you should be able to access the catalogues there.
By coincidence I received a very spurious reply to an old query of mine on the whitefriars.com site today.
Not to sure what is happening to that site.
All the best,
Tim

Offline Lustrousstone

• Members
    • Warrington, UK
    • My Gallery
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2019, 07:37:12 PM »
Works Ok for me on Google Chome and my excellent antivirus has no complaints. And they will enlarge...

Offline Paul S.

• Members
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2019, 08:08:13 PM »
  Janet  -  your reference of 9654 appears in catalogues for 1966 and 1967 as a rather obscure no-name straight sided vase ?  -  plain colours indicated are cinnamon, indigo and willow, and the only size shown is 6.5 inches in both years.          Might this be the item to which you refer.

Offline Janet

• Members
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2019, 08:40:15 PM »
I dont think it is the 9654 then, as the one i am trying to identify is larger, probably more in the region of 10 inches tall. Maybe its a 9651 in cinnamon, they are quite similar in shape.? Do you know if the 9651 was made in larger sizes at all please?

Offline Janet

• Members
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2019, 08:44:03 PM »
Thank you everyone, really appreciated.  :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand