No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Holmegaard: lead crystal and mouth- or machine-blown?  (Read 1228 times)

Offline Carlton

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • United States
Holmegaard: lead crystal and mouth- or machine-blown?
« on: March 01, 2020, 11:59:58 PM »
Hello,

I collect whisky and spirits glasses and am trying to determine whether the following Holmegaard patterns are made of lead crystal and whether they are mouth- or machine-blown: Princess, Prince, Stub, and Ejby. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Carlton

Offline Pinkspoons

• Members
    • UK
Re: Holmegaard: lead crystal and mouth- or machine-blown?
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2020, 02:33:21 PM »
Those series were all handmade.

Except for generic bottles and flasks, a few specific series (e.g. Viking), and a few outsourced series (e.g. Bistro/Picnic), pretty much all drinkware from Kastrup/Holmegaard was mouth-blown.

Offline Carlton

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • United States
Re: Holmegaard: lead crystal and mouth- or machine-blown?
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2020, 03:00:51 PM »
Thanks for the information! I collect singletons or pairs for the most part (closing in on 100 different types); my Holmegaard glasses comprise a Stub brandy glass, Prince and Princess brandy glasses, and an Ejby cognac glass. Collecting glasses has been an offshoot of my whisky hobby. I use all of my glasses and am continually amazed at how the same whisky can smell and taste very differently when taken from different glasses.

Carlton

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand