No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Help identify blue glass lamp base  (Read 1391 times)

Offline chopin-liszt

• Members
    • Scotland, Europe.
Re: Help identify blue glass lamp base
« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2020, 10:41:33 AM »
The joy of microchips?  8)
My brother's cat came home after 5 years. He's not quite so keen on very long wanders now. We just have one at the moment. The previous one bullied her, so we decided to let her be the only cat and run the house after Pip went. Muzz won't stand up to other cats and I'm having to protect her home and territory from stranger 4 cats trying to take over.
We still have distancing up here. They're not supposed to be visiting. ::)

You say the glass is moulded? Does it have any wrinkles from the mould - could that be your complainer's ripples?
What you described in made me think of the bottles I can buy in a deli. to decant flavoured oils and vinegars into. But they are proper bottles - no teardrop insides.
I'm stuck. It's not anything I know anything about and the colour is one that really throws me. :-[
Cheers, Sue M. (she/her)

Earth without art is just eh.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline NevB

• Members
    • uranium glass
    • England
« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2020, 03:03:11 PM »
Do you think originally it would have had some sort of base for the cable to run through and out the side. If it's the original one, the bulb holder and switch look fairly old, maybe 60's/70's. It looks a bit Scandinavian to me.
"I hear you're a racist now father!" Father Ted.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline BLUE HARVEST

• Members
« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2020, 06:24:58 AM »
Three years!- That must be some sort of record, surely?

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand