No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: who made this please  (Read 845 times)

Offline kimals61

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • United States
who made this please
« on: January 07, 2021, 09:31:53 PM »
Gone down big rabbit hole looking for an answer to who made this enamel painted rubina glass set. I pretty much know its Victorian 1800s (late) But I cant even tell if its European or US made. Some say Bohemian, some say Mount Washington, ect. Help! Thanks in advance!

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline chopin-liszt

• Members
    • Scotland, Europe.
Re: who made this please
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2021, 05:24:53 PM »
Hello and welcome. :)
Can we ask you please to change your username from your email address to something else? You could easily get harvested and spambotted if you put it out there like that.
If you cannot do it, I will ask a moderator to do it for you.
Could we ask you to post images of the bases of your cups too, please. We can tell a lot from bottoms, even if it looks as if there is nothing there. The shape, the finish, whether there are mould marks or/and any hand work.

I would also think folk might really appreciate close-ups of the enamel work. :)

The envelope icon on your homepage, under the username, if activated by you, is how people here can contact you privately if you wish. :)
Cheers, Sue M. (she/her)

‘For every problem there is a solution: neat, plausible and wrong’. H.L.Mencken

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline Anne

• GMB Tech Support Manager & "Board (never bored) Dame"
  • Global Moderator
  • Members
  • I has a stick to poke the server with yes!
    • Glass trinket sets
    • Cumbria England
    • My Glass Collection
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2021, 07:42:48 PM »
Hi kimals61 and welcome to the board. As Sue said above, using your email address as your display name will lead to your being spammed as the display names are publicly searchable by Google etc...  so to help keep your email safe I've amended the bit that shows to just the first part of the address. You will still be able to login using the full email address, it just won't show on the board in full.  If you need help in using any aspect of the board just contact me (click the envelope under my name to the left).
Cheers! Anne, da tekniqual wizzerd
~ Glass Trinket Sets ~ GlassLinks ~ GlasSpeak ~ GlassGallery 
 ~  Glassoholic Blog ~ Glassoholic Gallery ~

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Lustrousstone

• Members
    • Warrington, UK
    • My Gallery
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2021, 12:19:13 PM »
Welcome to the board. More and bigger pictures would be useful, including base and rim shots and enamelling closeups. You can attach four per post of up to 120kb each and add as many posts as you need.

I would start with how the rim is finished. Continental rims are oftern ground flat and polished. How are Mount Washington rims finished?

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand