No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Richardson Crystal cut identification.  (Read 1641 times)

Offline Bowlesy785

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • Georgian glass
    • England
Richardson Crystal cut identification.
« on: March 21, 2021, 07:57:13 AM »
Hello all, it’s my first post so be gentle as I am new to glass geeking.
I have recently been gifted 4 Crystal wine glasses and a decanter. The glasses have the, ‘British Richardson’ Union Jack mark on the bottom. So from what I can find online, I think they are c1920-50?
I would like to find out what the pattern is called so I can try and collect more pieces from range.
 Any help would be appreciated.
Also, the decanter is Lismore pattern Waterford and I’ve found it on their website, but is there any way of dating how old my one is? I.e, does the fact they are currently making it, mean mine couldn’t be old? As Lismore seems to be a very old design.
Thanks in advance.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline glassobsessed

• Members
    • Mdina
    • South Wales
Re: Richardson Crystal cut identification.
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2021, 09:42:25 AM »
Welcome to the message board Bowlesy785.

Richardson were bought out by Webb in around 1930 I believe, I suspect that would make your glasses (with that mark) earlier in your date range but don't know for sure. I bought a couple of Richardson glasses last year and failed to find a pattern name. Do yours have the same mark as these two?

A few patterns are shown on replacements.com with their own codes, few pattern names unfortunately:
https://www.replacements.com/crystal-richardson/b/002-4560339

If you can get a photo of the Waterford mark on the decanter  that may help with a time frame.

John

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline Bowlesy785

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • Georgian glass
    • England
Re: Richardson Crystal cut identification.
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2021, 01:08:26 PM »
Thanks for your help, yes they have the same Richardson logo as the picture you posted. The cut pattern is similar, but has 3 small ‘starbursts’. I’ve attached a closer photo.
I’ve also attached the Waterford mark as well.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand