No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Modern glass vase - ID = Peter Layton London Glassblowing  (Read 946 times)

Offline kaworboys

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • UK
Modern glass vase - ID = Peter Layton London Glassblowing
« on: July 13, 2021, 07:55:18 PM »
Hi. I am looking for help in identifying the maker of this vase. My parents bought it for me as a present several years ago and either I didn’t keep the manufacturers info or I never had it. I have always liked it and would really like to find out who made it. My parents think they bought it in the West Country UK.
Many thanks

Offline Greg.

• Members
Re: Modern glass vase - ID = Peter Layton London Glassblowing
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2021, 08:05:27 PM »
Hi,

Welcome to the GMB. Nice item, your vase is from Peter Layton's studio 'London Glass Blowing and is from his 'Landscape' range. There may be a very faint signature on the base.  A few other examples should come up online, searching under 'Peter Layton Landscape Range'. His work is quite often retailed through galleries, so your parents may well have purchased it through a secondary retailer rather than directly from London Glassblowing. Hope this helps.

Greg

Offline kaworboys

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • UK
Re: Modern glass vase - ID = Peter Layton London Glassblowing
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2021, 08:40:56 PM »
Many thanks for the info. I will look him up.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand