No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Tall Pavel-Hlava-style soliflor vase  (Read 931 times)

Offline rocco

• Members
    • Vienna, Austria
Tall Pavel-Hlava-style soliflor vase
« on: November 26, 2021, 06:43:11 PM »
I would be grateful for your opinion about this nice vase I aquired recently.

It is 42 cm tall, eight-sided, has several colour layers (yellow, light blue, brown, amber as far as I can see), and the whole surface is satinated. Flat base.

It looks similar to those cut soliflor vases by Pavel Hlava (or Adolf Matura) for Exbor glassworks, but I have never seen one in frosted glass nor could I find this exact shape online.

The seller had it down as Beranek (I don't know if he meant Jindra Beranek or Skrdlovice).
The colors remind me more of some Exbor fish, e.g. this one: Link to picture

Thanks!
Michael

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline chopin-liszt

• Members
    • Scotland, Europe.
Re: Tall Pavel-Hlava-style soliflor vase
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2022, 05:27:06 PM »
 :) I've been on notifications for this since you posted it Michael. It is screaming Exbor quality at me too. And I rather like the bits at the sides too - especially the one on the right.
It's a fabulous beast. I am suspecting a one-off or something experimental that it is not marked, but am very vague about this genre overall. I just dribble sometimes. ;D
Cheers, Sue M. (she/her)

Earth without art is just eh.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand