No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Yellow and red Spanish (?) style  (Read 1225 times)

Offline robdb8

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • United States
Re: Yellow and red Spanish (?) style
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2021, 02:55:12 PM »
I do apologize, there really is no green hue, it's just my phone camera and the lighting.  The only colors present are red, yellow, and the slivers of white.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2021, 04:13:40 PM »
I still think it's possibly uranium glass though.

You'd need a small uv blacklight to check in the dark but I suspect the cream might glow bright green.

m

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline Paul S.

• Members
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2021, 04:39:59 PM »
thanks for the explanation :)        I agree with you that when in doubt, buy ......... nothing worse that inconsolable regret for things we didn't do - I've been there ............  that's of course assuming the price isn't through the roof. ;D
To be accurate regarding the possibility of u. you would need a u.v torch  -  without it we can sometimes pass over a piece  -  especially opaque type glass like this  -  and not realize it's there -     Sowerby's Patent Queen's Ivory Ware is a good example of that pitfall.   

Age can be deceptive in appearance on glass  -  utility wares will usually show more than a decorative item that may have sat in someone's display cabinet for many decades.     Regret I'm fresh out of suggestions, so will leave to others to try and help  -  very best of luck, and thanks for posting. 

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline chopin-liszt

• Members
    • Scotland, Europe.
« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2021, 07:41:16 PM »
The description of the outside being not entirely smooth suggests acid satination if not full acid cut aways.
I agree, it looks as if it should contain uranium.
What a glorious find from a Goodwill.  ;D
Cheers, Sue M. (she/her)

Earth without art is just eh.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand